UPDATE FEB 26, 2017
ALL HOME REPAIRS COMPLETED AT 894 E KUIAHA RD
Here’s an email invoice I received from my contractors for the home repairs completed at 894 E Kuiaha Rd – per our Feb 21, 2017 J-1 General Inspection of Property Notice. You can also see a separate invoice from the plumber who replaced the old water pressure regulator with a new one.
You should note that the Items 5. and 10. in the above contractor’s invoice (left) were NOT required per our Feb 21, 2017 agreement. I did these repairs voluntarily as a favor to Greg and Sophia even though their home inspector had evidently missed these problems. I have also repaired an additional spot on the deck close to the spa that inspector had also missed (see the photos below).
PHOTOS OF COMPLETED REPAIRS (in order of appearance in the Feb 21, 2017 J-1 General Inspection of Property Notice).
- New Master Bedroom sliding screen door installed (Home Depot box and spare frame stored in shed). Screen door lock also replaced.
- Garage door repaired inside and out
- Missing or damaged rooftop shingles replaced, 15 leftover new shingles left in garage for new owners
- Gutters and downspout cleaned and flushed, leaky joints repaired
- Minor dry rot on the deck repaired, additional areas touched up and painted
- Exterior GFCI switch under kitchen window replaced
- Masking tape removed from one of the wall switches in the office (“right bedroom” per the report).
EXPLANATION: There is nothing wrong with this switch. I put this tape on many years ago because the switch turns on and off the wall outlets to which our computers are plugged it. I was tired of turning them off accidentally when I came into this room at night and then having to reboot them. I had completely forgotten about it until I saw the inspector’s report.
- Water pressure regulator replaced, pressure turned down to 50-60 PSI
- Kitchen and vanity sinks “voids” sealed with foam spray
- Bottom portions of the master bedroom door pressboard casings replaced and repainted on both sides
ADDITIONAL REPAIRS DONE WHICH WERE NOT PART OF J-1 General Inspection of Property Notice
- Chipped wall in garage wall filled in with plaster and repainted (this was something we inherited the original owners)
- Two interior electrical switches replaced in the family room (below left)
- Minor dry rot spot repaired at the end of the deck next to the spa (above right)
PERSONAL NOTE TO BUYERS
Dear Greg and Sophia,
Hope enjoy your new home! I am turning over the care-taking duties of the Rainbow Shower to you with love and blessings.
May the Santa Tierras (land spirits, the fairies) be as kind and helpful to you in this enviable job as they were to me. It has been my honor and privilege to serve them and work with them for the past 8 years.
* * *